Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Voice from Behind



Yesterday was my first time to go canoeing with my family. I learned that the one in the back, is responsible for steering the canoe. Alan had been on a few more canoe trips than I, so he took that position of steering. Everything was so new about the experience, I remember saying to him, as I faced forward, “Just tell me what I'm suppose to do....and I'll do it!” We had an 11 mile river to go down, and I never minded him shouting from the back, “paddle in left side....now right” When it was quiet, and we were about to go through some rapid water crossings....I would shout nervously, “What do I do next!?” I would then hear a calm voice, with a smile...”Nothing....do nothing, and enjoy the ride.”


When we know who is “steering our boat”, even the rapids can be enjoyable. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself mom! Next time how about whitewater rafting? =)

    ReplyDelete