Tuesday, January 11, 2022

When God Holds You Down

I found this old picture of what trimming Anna's bangs was like at our house. :-) Notice the smile.

She thought it was a fun game, and Whitney was trying really hard, to not poke her eye, and still get the bangs even. Trust me, not every bang job turned out:), and we finally gave up and let her hair grow out.

I remember the time, when Anna had “pink eye” and we had to put drops in her eyes every 4 hours. One of the children reminded me, it took 5 of us, to do this! What was she doing, when one person was holding her legs, one her arms, one her head and one seeking to open the one eye that was closed tight? She was laughing so hard that the one in charge of the drops (person number 5) had to work hard at getting a straight shot in!


Something about how she handles
 being held down, speaks to my heart.


I believe it shows how she views the ones holding her down.
TRUST sees the TIGHT 
holdings of God,
 as His way of bringing
healing.


When situations seek to shut me in, or squeeze me tight, who is in my view?  Do I resent being held close to the ground, pressed down on purpose...


Is this smile that Anna has in this "forceful" hug, like what James talks about in counting it all JOY in trials? J. B. Phillips renders James 1: 2,3


“When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives my brothers, don't resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends!”

Try to remember,
to keep in view....


the ONE who has brought you 
to this place.  

Healing is near.  


As you are pressing against His arms, 
remember HIS nearness
- that is your good.

An evidence that our will has been broken is that we begin to thank God for that which once seemed so bitter, knowing that His will is good and that, in His time and in His way, He is able to make the most bitter waters sweet.~Nancy Leigh DeMoss
A Place of Quiet Rest, Moody, 2000, p. 70.

Trusting God does not mean believing that He will do all that you want, but rather believing that He will do everything He knows is good. ~Ken Sande


















No comments:

Post a Comment