Sunday, June 15, 2014

Under His Wings

Funny, how I know her so well.

I can't see her now, because I'm on the bed, and she is down low on the mattress at the end...
She lifts up her bowl (asking for more pop corn)

“No more”, I say.

Then up goes her hand with a straw in it (asking for more drink).

“No more”, I say.
No more words are needed.
We understand each other well.:)

Why does this seem like something that soothes my heart? Its the distance, and her contentment with my “no's”.

Its been a longer day...too many unfocused thoughts, hot flashes with Texas heat,

unable to go out, because
her needs call out,
how will this all work out?

I hear it then...

Under the Shadow of His Wings”

I'm remembering it now, this place where you can not see, because its dark, but His presence surrounds' you. It is not because you “feel” it, but you've known it. Trust still rises up.

Its a safe place, because it is under, and surrender is always covered by “His wings.” You need to be still there. He breaks all the notions that being understood is important, but understanding His heart is LIFE. And you are alright with His “No's” and His smile, is there...even though you don't see it. 

 Like mine was with Anna.

And there is no end to what surrender will teach, under His wings.

"An entire surrender of spirit, soul and body to His control in a life of inevitable obedience may look hard to a soul ignorant of God.  To those who know Him, It is the happiest and most restful of lives.  Could we but for one moment get a glimpse into the mighty depths of His love, our hearts would spring out to His will and embrace it as our richest treasure." ~Hannah Whitall Smith


"‘Happy’ feelings do not always come with this process of being ‘soft and pliable’ in His hands. It is our obedience He is after…feelings are extra and not always necessary.When I am delighting in HIM, I am willing to let Him mold my thoughts, my desires, my will…I am delighting in what He has in mind for me."
~Whitney Holloway




No comments:

Post a Comment