Thursday, April 16, 2015

Clipped Wings




Clipped Wings.  This is what it feels like.  There are times when your heart remembers the ability to fly, and even feels the wind.  You think its time for the great take off and flop.  Down you go, realizing until God sends His wind, and your clipped wings have fully grown back, you wait.  

Did Joseph feel this way while he waited in the prison, faithfully caring for others.  I know David said, "O that I had wings of a dove, that I might fly away"  At that writing, I think his choice of places to go would not have been the Lords; thus the need for clipped wings.  All I know is that any bird whose wings have been clipped, or resides in a cage....belongs to some one.  Its a safety measure that keeps the bird close to home, near its master. 

And when Joseph was asked to come up from a place, that to many would have just seem like a hole in the ground....his vision was so SINGLE, that a Prison or a Palace was all the same to him.  When we find Liberty IN our Limitations, it will not be where we LIVE that matters, but WHO lives in us.  

Until flight is allowed Lord, I'll stay close to You.  In time You will allow the needed growth for extended wing span.  Until then I'll wait, because IN your Presence is fullness of JOY.


No comments:

Post a Comment