Friday, November 16, 2012

Patience Please


My.....daaa
d....dad,
...and.... 
m,m...ooo
om.......mom, 
are....” 

Benjamin pauses and looks up at me, “are tired.” The word was “good” and he guessed at this last word of our reading exercise. 


“Stop guessing”
I snapped at him. 

Its time to take a break, because he was really not far from wrong. Teaching younger ones to read is both tiring and trying. 

Patience is greatly needed, but pays a greater reward when you know the ending results will effect their daily lives. 
James writes...

“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
knowing this, that the trying of 
your faith worketh patience,
But let patience have her perfect work, 
that ye may be perfect
and entire wanting nothing.” James 1:2-3

What a beautiful promise, “wanting nothing.” 


The word patience in this passage literally means to “abide / continue under the load.” 

Too often in life our first reaction to the trying of our faith by suffering is to run from them. Does it surprise us that it is the trials of life that tend to top His list in bringing about maturity in our lives. 

“Oh Father, give me your patience, but could you please hurry a little?”:)

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly see about remedying them—every day begin the task anew--” St. Francis De Sales

"Though my natural instinct is to wish for a life free of pain, trouble and adversity.  I am learning to welcome anything that makes me conscience of my need for HIM.  If prayer is birthed out of desperation  than anything that makes me desperate for God is a blessing."~Nancy Leigh Demoss        

No comments:

Post a Comment