Monday, August 3, 2015

Not Position, But Presence

Not position, but presence seems to be the point! 

This is what I need to remember in my daily devotion to the Father. I wonder if Martha started to lose the ability to hear Jesus' words in her per-occupation, and this caused her to cast blame on conditions. 

     This seems to be a natural tendency of some one who has lost ability to hear or see clearly; to blame some one or something else.  
Jesus reproof to Martha was pointed out, that “her” concerns were not “His” concerns.  This is a good lesson, or test, for judging my daily duties. 

Have I stop hearing and seeing HIM? 


If my priorities have become more important then His presence, this is how I will tell who is really first in my life.

Am I more aware of what others are not doing?

Do I spend more time preparing than paying attention?

Are my prayers more about others need to change 
than seeing my own condition?

All this would be an indication that I am living by position (with me first place), and not by His presence.

Maratha's actions and words exposed her own heart, because Mary's position was not the problem. She failed to remember the purpose of His presence with them. Mary saw what was important, to hear Him, and that desire provided a front row seat. If our hearts long to hear His voice, than wherever we are, we will hear. No one, no activity, or thing will stop this. We will no longer limit Him by our position, but learn to experience His presence in all that He sends our way.

"Cultivating a sense of God's presence
 is the most important occupation for the believer." 
~Doug Cooper


No comments:

Post a Comment