Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Powerful Sermon of a Life

Jesus took the towel and washed their feet.                                  His disciples witnessed three years of seeing miracles of many kinds, but this one simple act, stunned them.   It would be what He would leave with them.               A powerful sermon of a life.
Sometimes the most profound changes come to us, as we view the simplest hidden acts of service. Sometimes the witnessing of them exposes us. If we seek to understand what these acts of serving are saying to us... our lives will never be the same.


“If we are really, and always, and equally ready to do whatsoever the King appoints, all the trials and vexations arising from any change in His appointments, great or small, simply do not exist. If He appoints me to work there, shall I lament that I am not to work here? If He appoints me to wait indoors to-day, am I to be annoyed because I am not to work out-of-doors? If I meant to write His messages this morning, shall I grumble because He sends interrupting visitors, rich or poor, to whom I am to speak to , or 'show kindness' for His sake, or at least obey His command, ' Be courteous'? If all my members are really at His disposal, why should I be put out if to-day's appointment is some simple work for my hands or errands for my feet, instead of some seemingly more important doing of head or tongue?” F.R. Havergal

Picture taken in 2005.  Whitney with Conner (cousin) on a visit.
After I posted the above, I read Whitney's post for today...and was so blessed that we seem to have our hearts on the same things this morning. :-) 

http://lessonsthroughthelens.blogspot.com/2011/07/servant.html


No comments:

Post a Comment