Monday, June 20, 2022

Trusting in the No's


Its the No's, not the Go's, 
that we learn the most 
about where we stand.

No's mean, wait.
 Waiting requires trust.

Even after the Red Sea parting,
the tambourines were only for a day,
but the journey they were walking
was for a lifetime.  

They complained, and remained.
They would discover that
 provision was not packaged
like the places 
they had come from...

His purposes were not about 
going from point A to B...
it was to prove their hearts.

No's have a good 
way of doing that. 
And disappointment can 
be like sand in the eye,
it irritates and causes your
vision to blur.  

So, as I wait, I will cleanse my eyes,
by washing them with the water 
of His Words and Truth.
Father, help me re-focus,
 like that weaned child,
 I will find that place of trust.

"Lord, my heart is not haughty, 
nor mine eyes lofty: 
neither do I exercise myself 
in great matters, 
or in things too high for me.
 Surely I have behaved 
and quieted myself,
 as a child that is 
weaned of his mother: 
my soul is even as a weaned child.
 Let Israel hope in the Lord
 from henceforth and for ever.
Psalm 131

Trusting God does not mean believing that He will do all that you want, but rather believing that He will do everything He knows is good. ~Ken Sander

Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.  Aim at earth and you get neither. ~C.S. Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment