Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Special Needs?

"Do you take Special Needs?"
  How many times have I asked this question, 
when trying to find a doctor or dentist 
who is close to where I now live
 Sometimes, there would be a short silence.  
And I'm realizing that the term
Special Needs, holds a broader meaning
 than even I understand.
And it seems as my daughters mind is slow, 
so is all things pertaining to her.

She sits in the chair, waiting.  It was a good day, because Alan could go with me. She was settled, and taking in this new place. The aide and Dentist come, and no, after looking at her, they do not take "her" special needs.  That's okay, we figured they would give us a referral.  Its a part of the process of getting care for her.

No great work
is ever done in a hurry.

And we went directly to the other doctor 
to make an appointment.
 Anna and I waited,
while Dad went in to do paper work.

And as I sat there, I watched a wheel chair with an adult girl being rolled in by her Father, with her mom opening the door....and I felt at home.  HOME is another one of those broader terms, too.

And at the end of the day...nothing was done, and another date put on the calendar.  And maybe, the "special need" today, is my trust in His process.  And I remember Oswald Chambers words about the process...  

"We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God’s purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end."

So I'm thankful for the PROCESS, and the reminder, that her teeth problems will be fixed, in good time, but today, HIS END in me,
shall be peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment