Monday, April 18, 2022

Open Wide / Lessons through the Lens



The neat and tidy robin’s nest with four perfect 


eggs nestled deep within came alive today. I heard 



it before I saw it. Desperate cries creating a sweet 



chorus. While the mother bird flew back and forth 



with food for those hungry mouths I got closer to 



inspect the new arrivals.



I couldn't help but notice how they craned their 

little necks high in the air and with all their might 

threw hungry mouths wide open.


W I D E  O P E N



How silly it looked but how practically it touched 

my heart.

“Open your wide your mouth and I will fill it”

He can’t fill a closed mouth. It’s the truth. There is 

an abundance of provision for each day-are we 

ready for it? The only way to be ready for all that 

Grace is to open your heart…not just a crack but 

wide open like these little birds. 


Sometimes we’re fearful to open wide because we 

don’t completely trust Him. We’re afraid that he’ll 

place something in our mouths that we might choke 

on…or maybe it wont taste good.

The best way to overcome this fear is to open your 

heart and close your eyes. 


You’ll soon find out He is a good 

Father and always delivers the best.



Father You Are

~Joe Garrity

Father you are still in control
Jesus you are still on your throne
Lord we embrace what you allow
Be still, my soul, and know He is God

He is faithful, He is loving
In his kindness He allows what is best


Listen




No comments:

Post a Comment