Thursday, August 23, 2012

Take up the Towel and the Bowl




It's a time of tremendous temptation
to take up the bow and the sword
Let's remember His own preparation
before the travail of His soul
And let our full love manifest now
and take up the towel and the bowl

Let's wash all the feet of our brethren
and bless them in grace and in peace
without wood a fire cannot linger
without tale bearing strife too will cease
If we see with the eyes that are carnal
our enemies look much like men
And anger will sure become danger
and drive us with passion to sin

O Lord set a guard on my mouth now,
and keep a watch over my tongue
grant me discernment with each thought
and I'll mortify them while they're young
Give me the mind of Christ Jesus
to yield to Your ways and be still
And lay down my life for my brothers
in prayer that this fulfill Your will

I thank You for using men's passions
to work out Your purpose on earth
And I thank You for travailing labor
that brings us to spiritual birth
I have one request for today Lord,
just one pressing hope for this hour
That more of Your likeness I'll bear now
and know more of Your living power

Written by Alan 8 or 9 years ago, but is still His vision in our hearts today for the Body of Christ.


Trying to do the Lord's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you. ~Corrie ten Boom


Don’t assume you have to be extraordinary to be used by God. You don’t have to have exceptional gifts, talents, abilities, or connections. God specializes in using ordinary people whose limitations and weaknesses make them ideal showcases for His greatness and glory (1 Cor. 1:26-29).
 ~Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Biblical Womanhood in the Home, Crossway, 2002, p. 67.

Here is a link to Michael Cards song: The Basin and the Towel...beautiful and powerful message to the Body of Christ. 
More thoughts on this that blessed me:
Love in Action

1 comment:

  1. A sweet reminder of yesterday's meeting . . . rejoicing in the work of God in your home, Dina!
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete