Monday, March 2, 2015

Thank you for this torn

And most all beauty, in the deepest sense of things, comes with 

pain.  The Life He gave, came through thorns and a cross.  I 

discover life when in acceptance, I listen to what pain teaches me.   

I heard this beautiful older worship song, by Twyla Paris,

 that ministered to my heart.  Also, another song, too.

Father You Are



This Thorn


Thank you for this torn 

embedded in my flesh


I can feel the mystery, 

my spirit is made fresh



You are sovereign still 

and forever wise



I can see the miracle

 opening my eyes

To a proud heart 

so quick to judge


Laying down crosses 

and carrying grudges



The veil has been torn



And I thank you for this thorn



Thank you for this thorn

 fellowship of pain


Teaching me to know you more

 never to complain



Thank You for this love 

planted in my side



Faithful patient miracle

 opening my eyes

I never thought I'd say

 it without reservation


But I am truly grateful

 for this piercing revelation



Of a proud heart

 so quick to judge



Laying down crosses

and carrying grudges

The veil has been torn

And I thank you for this thorn



And if You chose to take it,

 I will praise You


And thank You for the healing

 in Your name



But if it must remain,

 I thank You for Your rod



Evidence of Father-love

 for a child of God

I join You in sorrow


So much less than 

You have borne



And I thank you,

 really I thank You



Lord I thank You,

 I thank You for this thorn

~Paris Twila 

photo credit to captured|moments 

No comments:

Post a Comment