Monday, December 15, 2014

Perspective and Growth

If you change the way you look at things, 
the things you look at change." Dr. Wayne Dyer

"Spirit of the living God, be the Gardener of my 
soul. For so long I have been waiting, silent and still — 
experiencing a winter of the soul. But now, in the strong 
name of Jesus Christ, I dare to ask: 
Clear away the dead growth of the past, 
Break up the hard clods of custom and routine, 
Stir in the rich compost of vision and challenge, 
Bury deep in my soul the implanted Word, 
Cultivate and water and tend my heart, 
Until new life buds and opens and flowers. 
Amen."  Richard Foster

When we Behold Him, even in our clouded view,
we see things that change how we walk, talk and love.
It would seem to the devils advantage
get our focus, on anything but HIM.
If he can do that, we are like dead men walking,
instead of living men loving.

“Shut your mouth; open your eyes and ears.” 
― C.S. LewisSurprised by Joy: The Shape of My Early Life


No comments:

Post a Comment