Saturday, March 26, 2011

Muti-Tasking


Abigail Davis feeding Anna, while playing a card game of Uno with Luke. It made Whitney and I wonder if the gift of multitasking is in the blood...because it certainly is not in ours! There are times when, in the blood or not, this need for multitasking is a must! In my own life I have found this very possible when my heart is at peace and settled with the calling that my Father has set before me. Any time I'm unsure of my footing, it takes much more focus and energy to keep the pace. Contentment with godliness is great gain, because the content of which you are given, is looked at as a gift.
It is received as from His Hand.

True contentment is a real, even an active virtue - not only affirmative but creative. It is the power of getting out of any situation all there is in it. ~Gilbert Keith G. K. Chesterton

Resentment and gratitude cannot coexist, since resentment blocks the perception and experience of life as a gift. My resentment tells me that I don't receive what I deserve. It always manifests itself in envy. ~Henri J. M. Nouwen

Contentment is not satisfaction. It is the grateful, faithful, fruitful use of what we have, little or much. It is to take the cup of Providence, and call upon the name of the Lord. What the cup contains is its contents. To get all that is in the cup is the act and art of contentment. Not to drink because one have but half a cup, or because one does not like its flavour, or because somebody else has silver to one's own glass, is to lose the contents; and that is the penalty, if not the meaning, of discontent. No one is discontented who employs and enjoys to the utmost what he has. It is high philosophy to say, we can have just what we like if we like what we have; but this much at least can be done, and this is contentment: to have the most and best in life by making the most and best of what we have.
~Maltbie Davenport (Mattie D) Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment